Eclipse Electrical work alongside Etco (New Zealand's leading provider of electrical apprenticeships and training).
Thinking about a career change or looking to upskill?
Earn while you learn by becoming an electrical apprentice, and add another skill to your career tool belt.
- Train through electrical experts at ETCO
- Get paid to gain a qualification
- Set yourself up for a successful career
- 3-4 year programme
You can either be employed by Etco or you can be employed directly with Eclipse Electrical. Both options allow you to study and be supported.
We ensure you get work experience across the Domestic, Commercial, and Industrial sectors, which will ensure you will have a wider set of choices when you graduate. A typical Etco electrical apprenticeship takes around three years, nine months to complete. The apprenticeship involves two different learning environments:
On-job training - working alongside our fully qualified electricians, learning on the job in different environments.
Off-job training - study at home and attending some evening and block courses through Etco.
What do you need to become an apprentice?
- The drive to succeed in an in-demand and growing industry
- Eight credits in NCEA Level 2 in Maths, Science and English, or their equivalent
- Hold a restricted manual licence or a full licence. Have your own car and the ability to drive a manual vehicle
- New Zealand residency or citizenship